WA WINES TO THE WORLD
What is WA WINES TO THE WORLD?
This is an industry-led export program coordinated by Wines of Western Australia in conjunction with Hydra Consulting, with funding support provided by the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD). The program runs for five years from July 2021.
Aims and Objectives
The program aims to increase the volume of WA wine exported from 11.5% of production to 20%; increase the value of wine exported from $10.61/L to >$12/L; and in addition increase the number of WA wine producers that are successfully exporting. In achieving these objectives, the program will be instrumental in supporting WA to build stronger, more resilient and diverse markets.
The strategic phase of the program began at the end of 2020 and addressed the following:
- Confirmed program partners (currently around 60 producers and regions) and a framework for collaboration.
- Developed the WA WINE EXPORTAL as a single point of reference to export resources and support for WA wine producers.
- Identified target markets and sales channels best suited to WA wine exports.
- Developed a comprehensive market activations program (soon to be announced).
- Significant engagement with industry and key stakeholders to ensure a relevant and coordinated program.
WA WINES TO THE WORLD has now entered the implementation phase, with a number of activations already available to WA wine producers and regions. See Current Program Opportunities listed in this Program Update.
How Can I Join the Program?
WA wine producers interested in investing in export activities (whether small, medium or large) can still join the program, as can regional wine associations. There is no cost to join until producers and regions are ready to make decisions about specific market activations they wish to engage in. The program will co-fund 50% of all identified market activations. If you wish to be a part of the program and to learn more, please complete our Registration Survey.
Here is a list of FAQs that we developed at the start of the program.
Here are links to our latest EDM Program Updates:
- Program Update (September 1st, 2021)
- Program Update (August 19th, 2021)
- Wine Intelligence Offer and Program Update (August 12th, 2021)
- Virtual Tastings for WA Wines in the UK (August 3rd, 2021)
- 2020 – 2021 Market Activations (July 22nd, 2021)
- Online Interactive Training Extended (July 7th, 2021)
For further information please contact:
Liz Mencel – Program Manager, Hydra Consulting
Email: [email protected], Mobile: 0422 910 424
Larry Jorgensen – CEO, Wines of Western Australia
Email: [email protected]