A reminder that applications for the second round of the Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant will close at 5.00pm (South Australian time) on Friday 30 October 2020.
The objective of the Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant is to support wine or cider producers who add value by attracting visitors to wine regions, and thereby encourage wine tourism.
Wine producers who have met the eligibility criteria in the preceding financial year will be able to access an annual grant of up to $100,000 (GST exclusive) for their eligible rebatable domestic cellar door sales. Total funding under the grant program is capped at $10 million each financial year.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant, applicants must:
- be a wine or cider producer
- be a legal entity registered for GST with an active ABN
- have made at least $1,207,000 (GST exclusive) in sales of rebatable* wine in the relevant financial year
- accrue rebatable domestic cellar door sales in excess of any such sales used to meet the $1,207,000 (GST exclusive) threshold in the relevant financial year
- have paid the WET on all eligible sales used as part of the application
- have owned or leased a physical cellar door in Australia in the relevant financial year and/or their related entity/ies have owned or leased a physical cellar door in Australia in the relevant financial year, and
- have a liquor licence valid in the relevant financial year.
*rebatable wine relates to wine or a sale that is eligible for producer rebates as described under Division 19 of A New Tax System (Wine Equalisation Tax) Act 1999.
Before applying for this grant, ensure you have:
- read and understood the program guidelines
- worked your way through the decision tree to understand if you are eligible
- downloaded and reviewed our step by step guide to preparing a Statutory Declaration
- It’s suggested that you review the FAQs if you have questions.
How to apply
Applications for Round 2 of the grant must be submitted through Wine Australia’s online grants portal Enquire. Applications must be submitted in accordance with the instructions provided in the portal and be submitted to Wine Australia by the closing date. If you are new to the Enquire portal, please follow the instructions on the Applicant Registration User Guide to register yourself and your organisation.
Note: If your business has previously applied through Wine Australia’s online grant portal, please contact [email protected] to ensure your login credentials are linked to your business.
Things to note:
- Our frequently asked questions are updated regularly to reflect questions received regarding the Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grants.
- For an application to be valid it must be accompanied by all of the required supporting documentation:
- a properly completed statutory declaration,
- evidence of a lease agreement, mortgage or certificate of title (with the map page included) in the name of the applicant or related entity for the physical cellar door in which the sales occurred, and
- evidence of the liquor licence for the physical cellar door valid in the relevant financial year.